Join a team where there are opportunities for growth and advancement. Great benefits include scholarships toward a degree or certificate program.
Under the general supervision of the PR/GL Manager, the Accounting Associate – PR conducts accounting-related activities of the agency to include payroll and other assigned projects. All Community Connections employees are expected to contribute to the professional reputation of the agency through understanding and promoting the organization’s mission and core values in all aspects of services.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Completes payroll-related activities including review and correction of timesheets, entry of payroll information into the accounting system, reconciliation of all payroll-related items, paycheck and electronic processing, payment of payroll taxes and others;
- Ensures necessary documentation meets standards for legal compliance;
- Assists with tracking and quality assurance monitoring for payroll;
- Prepares and reconciles payroll associated reports, processes all court-ordered or tax levied wage garnishments, and makes accurate and timely tax deposits;
- Accurately and timely enters information into electronic databases, confirms accuracy, and resolves electronic error messages;
- Assists with the timesheet training within the Electronic Web Services (EWS) database;
- Performs data entry of timesheets each pay cycle as needed;
- Assists with the implementation of new payroll procedures, documentation and deadlines;
- Performs trainings for staff on proper completion and submission of timesheets as needed;
- Collaborates with supervisors and HR to finalize timesheets each pay cycle;
- Works with HR and staff to enhance utilization of EWS as it relates to benefits, reimbursements, leave request and staff access for personal records and benefit processes;
- Assists management with annual audits relative to payroll and benefits, inclusive of workers comp, 401K and agency audit;
- Provides assistance to and acts as backup to the PR/GL Manager to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll functions;
- Performs other accounting clerical duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of computer applications related to the work, including but not limited to database, spreadsheets, and word processing programs;
- Knowledge of payroll policies and procedures, federal and state statutes pertaining to Fair Labor Standards Act, Alaska DOL regulations, taxability of employee income, and personnel policies and procedures;
- Ability to manage and safeguard sensitive and confidential personnel and payroll data;
- Ability to maintain a high standard of work under pressure of deadlines and frequent interruptions, remaining professional, responsive, and cooperative;
- Skilled in technical, specialized, complex and difficult office administrative work requiring the use of independent judgment, strong organization, and efficiency;
- Skilled in and ability to use business arithmetic and basic statistical techniques;
- Skilled in and ability to perform data entry at an advanced level;
- Skilled in and ability to use records management principles and practices;
- Skilled in office administrative practices and procedures including the use of standard office equipment;
- Ability to professionally interact and communicate positively with diverse populations including families, team members at multiple levels of the organization, supervisors, and the public;
- Ability to be friendly and outgoing, with a notably positive attitude;
- Ability to perform basic research and prepare reports and recommendations;
- Ability to analyze and resolve office administrative and procedural problems;
- Skilled in attention to detail;
- Ability to utilize flexibility, initiative and leadership, organize own work, coordinate projects, set priorities, meet deadlines, and following up on assignments with minimal direction.
High school diploma or equivalent required and minimum two years’ experience providing administrative supports. Additional education may substitute for experience.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check under agency guidelines and state regulations. Must be able to obtain State of Alaska Driver’s license.
Accounting Technician Certificate, Payroll Certification, or equivalent coursework.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings; strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to twenty-five pounds.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
Wage $16.72 – $19.96/hour
Benefits: health, vision & dental, life insurance, 401K retirement plan with 6% employer match, employee scholarships
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com