Community Connections is seeking a full-time Communications Coordinator to work closely with the Executive Director promoting the mission of the organization through social media, fundraising, and providing support to the Board of Directors.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Implements and coordinates marketing and social media strategy for the agency;
- Coordinates fundraising events and opportunities;
- Coordinates grant writing efforts for special projects at the direction of the Executive Director;
- Develops content updates for website and social media;
- Develops brochures, newsletters, reports to the community, and news releases;
- Coordinates tasks associated with the Board of Directors and their meetings, including; organizing, recording, transcribing and distributing minutes of meetings;
- Maintains and organizes corporate documents, reports and records;
- Prepares and edits correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents; for the Executive Director, Program Directors and Board of Directors;
- Supports Program Directors in targeted program promotion;
- Other duties and supports for administration as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail including ability to meticulously edit writing.
- Ability to be a self-starter, utilize initiative and independent judgment, organize own work, coordinate projects, set priorities, meet deadlines and following up on assignments with a minimum of direction;
- Provide complex office administrative support in the areas of grant and report writing, corporate filing and records management;
- Experience and proficiency with MS Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud or equivalent software products;
- Video and photo production and editing experience;
- Proficient in website editing using WordPress or equivalent
- Knowledge of records management principles and practices;
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and staff in person and over the telephone;
- Friendly and outgoing, with a notably positive attitude;
- Perform technical, specialized, complex and difficult office administrative work requiring the use of independent judgment, strong organization and efficiency;
- Interpret and implement policies, procedures;
- Work well as part of a team; and
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, subordinates, superiors, the general public, representatives of public and private organizations and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and two years of experience in a non-profit organization. Additional education or work experience may be substituted for a degree.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check under agency guidelines and state regulations.
Experience in grant writing, donor relations, and social media strategy and content
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings; strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to fifteen pounds.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
Full-time $20.00 – $23.88/hr. DOE
Benefits: health, vision, dental and life insurance, 401K retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match, paid leave and employee scholarships
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org