An exciting opportunity to make a difference for vulnerable people in our community by helping to keep our facilities in tip-top shape!
Under the supervision and direction of the Ketchikan Facilities Maintenance Coordinator or the Office Manager, the Facilities Maintenance Specialist will assist with maintenance and repair of the facilities and grounds. All Community Connection’s employees are expected to contribute to the professional reputation of the agency through understanding and promoting the organization’s mission and core values in all aspects of services.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs routine maintenance to facilities and grounds including but not limited to power washing, weeding, and clearing parking lots of debris;
- Completes tasks including but not limited to painting, repairing drywall, installing simple flooring with supervision;
- Assists with moving large and heavy items;
- Performs basic cleaning tasks as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, materials, and equipment related to building operations and maintenance;
- Knowledge of and ability to operate tools and equipment used in building maintenance;
- Ability to work closely with and follow the instructions of the Facility Maintenance Coordinator;
- Ability to utilize flexibility and follow-up on given assignments.
Any combination of education and or experience equivalent to completion of high school and two years’ direct experience in general building maintenance or construction.
Use of personal tools and cell phone (when required) to be reimbursed with allowance per agreed upon contract amounts.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check under agency guidelines.
Must possess an Alaska Driver’s license and must have their own transportation. Personal transportation with current liability insurance required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position will work indoors/outdoors, around others and independently and must be able to routinely lift fifty pounds. Exposure to the following may occur in this position:
- extreme hot or cold temperature
- marked changes in temperature / humidity
- being around moving machinery
- excessive noise (construction sites)
- solvents / grease / oil
- slippery or uneven walking surfaces
- dust, fumes, smoke, gases, odors, mists, or other irritating particles
This job description reflects the best efforts of Community Connections to describe the duties and essential job functions and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract. Your signature indicates you have read this job description and understand the duties, essential job functions and qualifications of the job.
Pay: $24.00 – $28.66/hour DOE
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Download the printable application packet.
Send in applications to email@example.com or drop off at our Ketchikan or Craig office.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org