Are you highly organized and enjoy quiet methodical work? Join a great team with opportunities for advancement and growth while contributing to an organization that serves the community!
Under the general supervision of the Assistant HR & Compliance Manager, the Records Retention Associate provides administrative support including data entry, electronic records scanning and paper/electronic archiving, and completes clerical tasks in support of office operations.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Scans records into electronic format, ensuring completeness and accuracy of all files;
- Maintains filing systems for electronic and paper filing systems as assigned in accordance with HIPAA and State of Alaska regulations;
- Performs maintenance of electronic and paper archiving of files;
- Coordinates shredding or purging of electronic or paper records based on records retention policies;
- Under the oversight of the Assistant HR & Compliance Manager, develops and updates records retention procedures in line with State of Alaska regulations and best practices;
- Fulfills records requests in a timely manner and notifies appropriate personnel of requests;
- Assists in planning and prepping for meetings and other special events;
- Assists in personnel duties, including paycheck stuffing, employee notifications, performing fingerprinting and background checks, performing employee orientations;
- Performs front desk back-up duties as needed.
- Other duties and supports for administration as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Skilled in standard office administrative practices and procedures, including the use of standard office equipment;
- Skilled in computer applications related to the work, including but not limited to database, spreadsheets and word processing programs;
- Skilled in records management principles and practices;
- Ability to maintain high attention to detail and commitment to accuracy in work
- Ability to follow-through, assume responsibility, and use good judgment;
- Ability to multi-task and appropriately prioritize workload;
- Ability to maintain a high standard of work even under pressure of deadlines and frequent interruptions, remaining professional, responsive and cooperative;
- Ability to establish and maintain long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations;
- Ability to be friendly and outgoing, with a notably positive attitude;
- Ability to utilize initiative and leadership, organize own work, coordinate projects, set priorities, meet deadlines and following up on assignments with a minimum of direction;
- Ability to work well as part of a team;
- Ability to perform data entry at an intermediate level;
- Skilled in verbal and written communications with diverse populations, working effectively with other employees, customers and external third-parties;
- Ability to perform technical, specialized, complex and difficult office administrative work requiring the use of independent judgment, strong organization and efficiency;
- Ability to perform basic research and prepare reports and recommendations;
- Ability to apply strong problem solving skills to identify unique situations that would require the attention of management;
- Ability to interpret and implement policies, procedures and computer applications;
High school diploma or GED required and one year of ongoing experience providing administrative supports.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check under agency guidelines and state regulations.
One year experience with medical records filing and retention
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Position is office based and generally sedentary in nature. Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings; strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to twenty-five pounds.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
Full-time $16.12- $19.25/hr DOE
Benefits: health, vision & dental, life insurance, 401K retirement plan with 6% employer match, employee scholarships