Make a difference in the community while receiving excellent benefits including scholarships!
This full-time position is responsible for the day-to-day management and oversight of a residential apartment complex which includes hiring, scheduling, and direct supervision of staff. The Residential Coordinator will facilitate individualized, comprehensive services for residents of the facility that promote self-esteem, community participation, independence, and effective decision-making. In addition, this position will oversee facility and grounds maintenance, cleanliness, and health and safety requirements.
This position supervises the Residential Specialist and Support Specialists.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs supervisory functions: interviews, provides ongoing training and support, conducts performance reviews, initiates staff recognition, and addresses performance issues and concerns;
- Ensures facility and grounds are maintained, clean, appropriate, and health and safety requirements are met;
- Coordinates services for individuals with developmental disabilities including assessing needs, implementing services, monitoring and evaluating service plans;
- Schedules Support Specialists with direct service shifts of customers who live at the residential facility;
- Effectively facilitate team meetings for customers and their support teams including family members and direct care staff;
- Provides direct service for individuals with developmental disabilities to include assistance with activities of daily living, personal care, recreational and employment services;
- Responsible for the consistent coverage and scheduling of this residential apartment for the health and safety of residents;
- Monitors and supervises on call system for this residential facility including scheduling and coverage of open shifts to guarantee consistent staff coverage of residential facility
- Performs other duties as necessary to ensure continued quality supports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledgeable about leadership and supervisory principles and practices;
- Skilled in and the ability to use effective strategies to hire, supervise, and retain high quality staff;
- Ability to assess needs, implement and evaluate services for seniors, children and adults with disabilities;
- Skilled in computer applications related to the work, including but not limited to database, spreadsheets and word processing programs;
- Skilled in basic arithmetic and statistical techniques;
- Skilled in written/oral communication with diverse populations including families, the public, peers, staff, and supervisor;
- Ability to work well as part of a team, develop team, and collaborate with peers;
- Ability to effectively facilitate team meetings;
- Ability to interpret and implement personnel and contractor policies and procedures;
- Ability to utilize initiative and leadership, organize own work, coordinate projects, set priorities, meet deadlines and following up on assignments with a minimum of direction;
- Ability to use independent judgment within established policy and procedural guidelines;
BA, BS or AA degree in psychology, social work, rehabilitation, nursing or a closely related human service field, from an accredited college or university. Years of experience may be substituted for degree. Must have demonstrated two years’ experience working with people who experience developmental disabilities or mental health disorders and two years’ experience in supervision.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check under agency guidelines and state regulations.
Must possess and maintain a valid Alaska driver license and vehicle liability insurance. Must be able to obtain First Aid/CPR certification.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position is home and community based. Must be able lift and carry materials weighing up to fifty pounds. The work schedule may require flexibility with days and hours worked based on customer needs. Must be able to travel to remote areas in small planes.
Ketchikan is a friendly small island town (population: 13,856) that is home for many artisans, anglers and outdoor lovers. Opportunities for outdoor activities like hiking, boating, fishing, and hunting abound, but the community also has a flourishing music and arts scene. Wildlife is abundant in this cool, moist climate. During the summers, average temperatures may vary from 46 to 70 degrees! Winters are mild and precipitation is always possible.
Note: Ketchikan is on an island in southeast Alaska – larger cities like Juneau, Anchorage, and Fairbanks are all a plane ride away.
Learn about the vibrant Ketchikan community thru this Emmy-winning video series: http://www.ketchikanstories.com/
How to Get Here, and things to Do >> http://www.visit-ketchikan.com/
See a live view of Ketchikan! >> https://webcamketchikan.com/
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
Full-time, salary DOE
Benefits: health, vision & dental, life insurance, 401K retirement plan with 6% employer match, employee scholarships
Download the printable application packet.
Send in applications along with a cover letter to email@example.com or drop off at our Ketchikan or Craig office.
Open until Feb 1 at 5:00 PM