Make a difference in the lives of children, adults with developmental and/or physical disabilities, or seniors! Full-time and part-time positions with day, night and weekend shift options. Services may include teaching skills, providing guidance and structure, personal care, household chores, transportation, and providing respite for the primary caregiver. Customers served include children and adults experiencing intellectual, developmental and physical disabilities or severe emotional disturbances, and seniors experiencing a level of a disability that causes them to be at risk of having to be institutionalized. Services occur in the home, community, employment and school environments.
Duties & Essential Job Functions
- Works in partnership with families, team members and customers served to effectively implement the plan of care;
- Provides one on one, family and group support including implementing and maintaining services; coaching and skill teaching through school activities, after school group work, meal preparation, daily hygiene tasks, employment sites, social and recreational activities;
- Accesses resources necessary to implement the service plan in a manner sensitive to the customer, family and community. Makes adaptations according to specific developmental, mental health and medical needs;
- Accurately completes daily service notes documenting services and progress toward achieving the individual’s plan goals;
- Communicates with family members and supervisors regarding the effectiveness of services and assists customer and family in identifying the strengths and needs of individuals served;
- Provides demonstration and cross training for peers of skills to be used with specific customers, when requested by supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check under agency guidelines and state regulations.
Experience working in a human service position with youth and adults experiencing disabilities, severe emotional disturbances, and seniors.
Must possess and maintain a valid Alaska driver license and vehicle liability insurance. Must be able to obtain First Aid and CPR certification.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
This position is community, home and school based and requires the candidate to have a reliable vehicle to be able to transport customers and travel between work locations. Being able to lift 50 lbs and the ability to provide personal care assistance with toileting, showering and dressing may be required depending on the needs of individual customers. The work schedule may require flexibility with days and hours worked based on customer needs.
About the Locations
Prince of Wales Island:
Experience southeast Alaska! Craig is a friendly small town on Prince of Wales Island (population: 5560) that is home for many artisans, anglers and outdoor lovers. Hiking, biking, boating, fishing, hunting: the opportunities for outdoor recreation abound. Craig is on an island – larger cities like Juneau, Anchorage, and Fairbanks are all a plane ride away.
Prince of Wales Island is America’s 3rd largest island! Discover things to do and things to see on discoverpowisland.com.
There are lots of things to do on Prince of Wales Island. Visit the TravelAlaska website to learn more.
Read through the 2019 Prince of Wales Island Guide.
Ketchikan is a friendly small island town (population: 13,856) that is home for many artisans, anglers and outdoor lovers. Opportunities for outdoor activities like hiking, boating, fishing, and hunting abound, but the community also has a flourishing music and arts scene. Wildlife is abundant in this cool, moist climate. During the summers, average temperatures may vary from 46 to 70 degrees! Precipitation is always possible.
Note: Ketchikan is on an island in southeast Alaska – larger cities like Juneau, Anchorage, and Fairbanks are all a plane ride away.
Learn about the vibrant Ketchikan community thru this Emmy-winning video series: http://www.ketchikanstories.com/
How to Get Here, and things to Do >> http://www.visit-ketchikan.com/
See a live view of Ketchikan! >> https://webcamketchikan.com/
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
Full-time and Part-time positions available. $14.85- $19.08/hr DOE. Relocation assistance is available for individuals willing to live and work in Craig/ Klawock on Prince of Wales Island.
Benefits: health, vision & dental, life insurance, 401K retirement plan with 6% employer match, employee scholarships
Download the printable application packet.
Send in applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at our Ketchikan or Craig office.